Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Beware: Fake Main Channel Accounts Infesting SoI Videos

Now this doesn't have any direct relation to the SoI series, but it is a recent happening for the Yogscast. As you probably have seen if you watch any of their youtube videos, Many of the comment sections have been disabled. They mentioned the "differently abled" comments in a recent episode of YogNews, and I thought it was so funny how they were acting in a manner that is about half as annoying as the actual comments. One of the things that was brought to my attention was when they mentioned that there were a number of fake real channels that were popping up. I wondered how someone could do this. I know ever since the main channel became popular, there have been scores of youtube names that are basically misspellings of BlueXephos. But that is not anything new. But when I was going to watch my SoI playlist (I made one with only the SoI episdoes... none of that extra stuff) I looked through the comments and found a couple from what at first seemed to be the actual main channel. As I was reading the conversation between the "main channel" and another account, the comments by the "main channel" were not characteristic of something a professional youtuber would post. So I click on the name, and it takes me to a youtube page with a cover head like the real main channel, but no videos. I was legitimately surprised. I screenshotted the conversation here so you can see it for yourself:

Youtube


So just wanted to let everyone know in case you were doubting it, that this fake account thing is really happening. And to anyone that reads this, if you see anything posted from what looks to be the main channel, click the name and see if it takes you to their actual youtube page. Don't believe what you hear straight from the comments. Likely if it is true information it will be posted as an actual video or in additional places like the forums or on social media sites. And if you so happen to be an owner of one of these fake channels, just cut it out. You and other annoying people are the reason the rest of us can't comment. And it isn't fair. It isn't cool, and you aren't being funny by trolling everyone. So please stop.

If you want to check out the episode of YogNews for yourself, you can watch it right here! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment