Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Favorite Parts of Shadow of Israphel!


So I was looking for something to blog about... and I surprisingly wasn't in the mood to check the forums, and I didn't want to go delving into the episodes searching for information about some theory or inside tip. So I am going to do something simple: talk about my favorite episodes of SoI. I like them all, but there are some that I think are better than the rest. I am going to put them in chronological order, not in the order of my favorite. :)

Part 3: I DEMAND YOUR FINEST BACON
I really like this part because it is not only hilarious but a lot of new characters are really seen, like Granny_Bacon and Skylord_Jasper. It is also where Honeydew and Granny_Bacon really start to hit it off. Their sexual humor and the references they make while Xephos and Skylord_Lysander left Honeydew and Granny_Bacon to go on the tour makes me laugh every time I watch it. Although I am more of a fan of the Honeybel paring (Honeydew/Isabel_Peculier), I think that the combo of a dwarf and an old lady is more humorous. Also it is the first time they mention any possibility of Skylord_Lysander being homosexual. I think here it was just a reference to his pink carpet, but I like that even though it was probably unintentional it turned into a funny relationship between him and Skylord_Jasper. The tennis scene in the episode is a little boring, but it is kinda funny to watch them thinking they can actually play with snowballs and wooden shovels. Finally the graveyard scene made me laugh with some of those names... and Skylord_Lysander's reaction to Xephos trying to dig up Israphel's grave was priceless.

Part 8: Diggy Diggy Hole
2 Words: The Song

Part 14: The Tale of the Sands
This episode is cool in my opinion mainly because of the cut scene. It is the first real cut scene they did in the series, and was well done. I love that Templar_Adaephon's voice is like Grizwald... lol It also introduces a vital part of the plot: the association of the Antioch family to the story and the premise behind this terrible sand. This episode was also unavailable for a time, when Pirate_Tinman was having issues with the Yogscast and for some reason and made a copyright claim against the Yogscast and had it taken down for a while. The claim was ultimately found malicious and unjustified, and luckily it was put back up shortly after. :)

Part 26: The Mansion
This is probably my favorite part to watch. I have the part where they are talking to Skylord_Jasper memorized, and I love reciting it... "Do you like bees?" :P I also think Um_Bongo is one of the funniest characters, and his signature "Take a me with you!" phrase is so hilarious every time it is said. I also love the idea of a Fungeon, and Skylord_Lysander freaking out at the TNT cracks me up.

Part 38: The Hand
Now like all my other faves this episode makes me laugh, but I also like it for the quality. It is a nice long episode at seconds over 28 minutes. If I could decide, I would make every episode around this length. Also, the incorporation of the little flashbacks while Templar_Enoch's notes are being read is really clever and it flows well. The discovery of his death was funny, and I enjoyed watching them smoke pipes and slap each other with zombie limbs. Also, *spoiler if you haven't seen it yet* Knight_Peculier's death was so shocking the first time I saw it. I literally flipped. And it still brings the same core feeling every time I watch it. It was well planned, and even if Simon and Lewis were informed of how that would play out, their acting in the reaction wasn't too bad and was believable. *Kiss :)

So there are my 5 favorite parts of the series. I found it funny 4 out of the 5 are from the 2011 episodes. I guess I just like classic SoI. :) What are your favorite episodes and why? Feel free to comment ;) I love getting comments, because even though I can track page views (We are over 1000! yay) comments make me feel like people are really appreciating the content. I am going to try my hardest to post more and get the blog out there for Yognau(gh)ts to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment