Saturday, October 5, 2013

Yoglabs SoI References


So I was planning on posting this, and also got a comment on my previous poll post from Josoob. The most recent episode of Yoglabs, titled "Raiders of the Lost Archives #1," goes on a mini treasure hunt for a needed piece of machinery for one of Yoglab's researchers. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out right down below. If you don't want any spoilers, watch it before reading on.



So as you can see from watching, they made many references and inside jokes to different people/places/videos, including Shadow of Israphel. The first reference occurs when Simon is looking through random chests and happens upon a book entitled, "Shadow of Israphel Script."

Youtube

The second is a long conversation before they reach the eyeball. Simon sees a chest that says, "Warning SUPER TOP SECRET." Lewis mentions that the chest contains a project that he is working on. Like the dwarf that Simon is, he decides to open the chest. But as the cautious minecraft players I know many of you are, you can see by the red outline on the chest lock that this is a trapped chest. Lewis is protecting whatever is inside.
Youtube
So Simon opens the chest to find numerous pieces of paper with the same title as the book he found earlier. He is surprised to say the least. I don't know about you, but I was really excited to see this chest, and to have another reference to the series.

Youtube
But alas, soon after Simon opens the chest, the trap goes off and everything explodes and lands into a pool of lava. So heartbreaking. He had to dwarf it up yet again, and now all of that work is gone. lol In response to his blunder, he says, “Oh well, well that’s going to delay it another year” and “Sorry everyone, sorry, my bad." Although saddening on a certain level, it was funny for them to make this a part of the episode. 

Youtube
I thought it was refreshing to have another SoI reference in a video. It has been a while since the last rumored craze of its return. Also, it has been a little rough after passing the one year mark and now at over 14 months, but I think these little teases help to mend a fan's broken heart. Just kidding. But really it is nice to see that SoI is a thought in their minds. Also in another post that is long overdue that I need to make, someone commenting on the cover photo pages sent me a link to a post that has Lewis talking about the relation of Yoglabs to SoI. I will hopefully get that post done today too. High reaching goals :)

But I hope everyone loved the SoI references in this episode, and I'm hoping for possibly more in Part #2. Once again if you see anything on forums, facebook, reddit, or wherever pertaining to SoI rumored returns, episode secrets, or anything, please comment on any post and I will see it. Links to posts and video titles/times would be appreciated so I can find things faster. Thanks and hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Part 2 is interesting. Stargate to the SOI world perhaps? Does RSSUMBA mean anything? This is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a comment on "how do i craft this again" recently posted on the main yogscast channel. Take a look: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2163/usi1.png
    So I went to 0:50 and spent about a minute trying to get to the correct frame and when I found it I took a screenshot and "enhanced" it a bit: http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5391/ur1u.png
    I hope after reading this comment you mark your calender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I motive this to I can't wait till 15 I have a pic of the date if you need it

      Delete
    2. One problem... there is no november 31st.

      Delete
    3. I realized that right after I made the post, but maybe this is a clue to something else like a time in another video where there is another hint to soi.

      Delete
    4. I didn't see the date at first but that is funny... lol maybe after the date thing on the cover photo for 9-8-13 they decided to slip something in there to troll everyone. lol But although there is a date, how do you know it is a reference to SoI? I mean yeah from past experiences with their vids and cover photos it makes sense, but it doesn't say SoI and the crafting recipe doesn't hint at it... it is for stairs. If it were a map or something, that would be cool.

      Delete
    5. It does indeed say SoI. Go to the video yourself and check. It reads: SoI: 31-11-13. It's also worth noting that it would be the only possible date this year which reads the same when mirrored, despite not being a real date.

      Delete
  3. SoI and YogLabs are the same map, shown here: http://youtu.be/WUbbPIxA7VI?t=7m33s

    ReplyDelete